Welcome to the Team at Topsham School
We have a dedicated, committed and skilled team of staff who constantly strive to provide the very best education and care for our pupils. Our teaching team is supported by a highly skilled team of teaching assistants and higher level teaching assistants who provide a range of support for children’s educational and pastoral needs.
Mission Statement: Inspiring Excellence in Everyone
Inspiring Excellence in Everyone’
Self-Worth, Respect, Aspiration
To provide a safe, challenging and stimulating environment, where children can grow personally, socially and academically. We offer an innovative curriculum underpinned by dedicated and imaginative teaching that develops a lifelong sense of purpose and curiosity in learning.
We Aim to:
1) Provide a rich, varied and memorable curriculum, inspired by stimulating teaching that enables every child to achieve excellence in all areas of school life and make the progress they are capable of,
2) Recognise the uniqueness of each individual child and nurture their gifts and talents,
3) Promote children’s physical, emotional health and wellbeing and develop their personal, moral, spiritual and social skills,
4) Encourage strong partnership within and across the community so that all staff, pupils, parents and community members feel welcomed, involved and included,
5) Develop an appreciation for the world in which we live, enabling all to recognise and celebrate diversity, develop tolerance and mutual respect, by encouraging children to think of others first and to take an active and constructive place in society.
Our shared understanding of what our values means is;
(confidence, positivity, resilience, courage)
(friendship, compassion, honesty, tolerance)
(resourcefulness, independence, motivation, risk-taking)